Norway-Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce (NHKCC) was founded in 1988 as Norway Hong Kong Business Association. It changed its name to the present in 2008.
NHKCC‘s main role is to be an active door opener for Norwegian companies wishing to establish themselves in Hong Kong and through Hong Kong in PRC China.
The role of Hong Kong has become even more important to Norwegian exporters and traders. As of 1st of July 1997 Hong Kong became part of China again as Special Administrative Region (SAR) under "one country two systems". This will last for 50 years, until 2047.
Hong Kong has for many years been voted as the best place in the world due to its ease to start and operate business. Hong Kong is also one of the most competitive economies in the world. Please have a look at our website under “news” for more details.”
The service sector is dominant in Hong Kong, especially the financial sector where Hong Kong competes with Singapore, London and New York to be one of the leading financial centres in the world.
In close co-operation with Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, London and Invest Hong Kong our chamber works continuously for our member's interests in and through Hong Kong to PRC China.
You can download/read our statues HERE (in Norwegian only).
- Assistance in finding business partner, sourcing products and information in Hong Kong
- Assistance in finding legal assistance in Hong Kong (through our sister chamber, The Norwegian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong.)
- Member meetings with lectures and social gatherings focusing on various subjects related to doing business in Hong Kong and PRC China.
- Special reduced fare on airline tickets to Hong Kong and other parts of China
- Seminar/celebration of the Chinese New Year
- Seminars on doing business with Hong Kong/China
- Distribution of updated information to the members on our homepage and mail about trade and economic trends in Hong Kong and China.
- Participation at the Hong Kong Forum in November/ December each year, with seminars and social arrangements/networking.
- Special discount offered from service providers in Hong Kong such as company setup, accounting, audit and secretarial services.
1500.- NOK for corporate membership
600.- NOK for individual membership
200,- NOK for students
For information on how to become a member, please contact:
Tel: (+47) 484 00 546
Further information and benefits
The Norway-Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce is part of The Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide, which is a unique network of 43 Hong Kong Business Associations in 32 countries with over 13,000 individual associations.
These Hong Kong business Associations started by overseas traders, buyers and professionals, who have strong business links to Hong Kong in their respective countries, for the purpose of networking and exchanging of business information and ideas. Each of the associations has their own individual members, who are top business people and SMEs in their home country. They are Hong Kong's closest allies and partners in the world market.
With the assistance of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (TDC) these Associations formed the Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide Limited in November 2000. The Federation aims to achieve synergy among the global network of Hong Kong Business Associations. It provides an effective base for member associations to network and exchange information, thereby, generating business opportunities.
For more information about the Federation and services, please contact:
Bjørg Juriks, Secretary, Norway-Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce, or
Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide Ltd. c/o Hong Kong Trade Development Council
38th Floor, Office Tower, Convention Plaza
1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2584 4333
Fax: +852 2824 0249