From left: Mr. Stephen Wong, Regional director Europe, HKTDC, Egil Hagen, Einar Steen-Olsen, Rudi Bolsøy and Bjarte Eikeseth, Norge Hong Kong Handelskammer.
Our Norway-Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce was well represented on this year’s Hong Kong Forum, the 15th Forum for Hong Kong’s numerous friends and representatives on all 5 continents.
The Forum gives its delegates an excellent update on the present and expected future development in Hong Kong and in mainland China. The speakers ranged from Government ministers, (chief executives’ own secretaries (ministers) to top executives of Hong Kong based and foreign companies.
Among the topics were:
- Hong Kong Brand Central –using Hong Kong as base for expanding their business in the region
- The Expressway to Asia Success – winning strategies for business success in Asia
- The premier Global Hub for renmimbi Business – Hong Kong’s role as an offshore Chinese renmimbi centre
- Taking China to the World – Chinese business leaders sharing their strategies of running successful private enterprises in the Chinese mainland.
- Flying high in Hong Kong – foreign entrepreneurs shared their stories on how they made business success stories in Hong Kong and in the region.
- Hong Kong – an insider story – a closed- door session on an insider’s look at Hong Kong’s latest economic and political scene.
All in all a very good way to get a quick update on Hong Kong future, especially on the background of the recent student demonstrations in Hong Kong which were ended last week while we were there.
Further news on Hong Kong’s development will be given at our Chinese New Year Seminar on February 5, next year.
Hong Kong offers excellent opportunities for companies selling retail products as well as for shoppers.
It has a huge market: on top of its own 7 million consumers, Hong Kong welcomes 49 million shoppers from mainland China and 6 million from other countries each year. Most of these go there for shopping.